Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sewing Class

So I started a sewing class last night.  I have made it to almost 28 years old and don't know how to sew.   Not even a button.  So I've decided to take charge and learn!

I signed up for classes at a place called, "The Finishing School"...they teach domestic skills.  So I am taking beginning sewing.  It's a 6-week course...and as of last night, I now know how to thread a sewing machine, sew straight and zig-zag lines, and use the serger machine.  Look out Martha Stewart!

And as a fun side note, Mindy (my sis-in-law) was in town last night and so she came with me to the first class.  Fun to have her with me!

So...next week I learn how to make a pillow case.  Hope my family is excited about pillow cases for Christmas :)

4 comments:

Brooke Woods said...

I can't speak for the others but I know I'm super excited about the pillowcase (I'm going to rig the drawing so you get my name!). I miss you and wish you were here watching VM with me. LOVIES!!!

Mindy said...

It was seriously so much fun!! I'm jealous I can't finish the course!! It was so fun to hang out! Thanks again for everything Lou!! I have the best sis-in-laws!!Lovies!!! :)

Chris and Michelle said...

Lacey! I'm glad that the class was a hit and I just wish I could take it with you!! If I lived a little closer I really would!
I may not be "official" family, but I still could use a sweet hand-crafted pillowcase...
By the way, what does a girl have to do to be added to your list of "peeps"?? :>
Love you Lace. We need to get together SOON!!

Dede said...

It was so fun to be with you last night ... you're the best! Lets get together again soon. YOu're so domestic!!